Shopping and dining in charming Rockport, MA
There's something so charming about quaint New England towns! One of my favorite places in Massachusetts to visit is Rockport, a seaside town just an hour north of Boston. Known for it's scenic views and as one of the oldest art colonies in America, you'll be captivated by the costal essence. During July Fourth weekend George and I both had the day off, so we thought it would be fun to spend the day relaxing by the ocean! As a historic area in Essex county, there's so much to do when visiting, from memorable dinning (lobster rolls galore!), shopping and scenic experiences for visitors. We also have so many fond memories with our families growing up, so we wanted to create some of our own together! So next time you're planning to visit Rockport, grab your camera and get ready for a wonderful day.
Where to shop.
There's several cute shops in Rockport as well as galleries, so you can't go wrong with walking around the town! This time around I purchased an adorable bowl from Lula's Pantry, and I can't wait to use it.
- LaProvence - Authentic table linens and specialty gifts from the South of France. I'm always drawn to this store because of all the beautiful patterns and colors! They also have accessories, French soaps, and home decor.
- Sea Bags - Originally sails, Sea Bags transforms them into nautically inspired totes and accessories. Fun for hostess gifts, treating yourself or soaking up the sun.
- Lula's Pantry - One of my favorite home stores, Lula's Pantry carries everything from kitchen essentials, to beautifully patterned bowls and cheese boards. They also have fun ocean and nautical themed pieces.
Places to eat.
You really can't go wrong with the food in Rockport, especially seafood! You'll often catch a glimpse of fishermen bringing in their fresh catch or lobster traps form the day. Sharing some of our favorite places to grab a snack or bite while you're in Rockport!
- 7th Wave: Fresh, yummy seafood with a cute nautical vive! Not only is their bar area adorable, but they offer classic New England seafood. They quite literally bring the ocean to the table.
- Feather & Wedge - Celebrating Rockport's quarry town history, Feather & Wedge offers locally sourced food and seasonal menus. They also have a great brunch menu that includes fresh salads and breakfast classics.
- My Place by the Sea - Right in the heart of Bearskin Neck, this restaurant blends New American cuisine with local, fresh seafood. If you're looking for a delicious meal with breathtaking views, this is the perfect place for you!
- The Ice Cream Store: Have a sweet tooth? Enjoy ice cream at Bearskin Neck's first ice cream store! They offer over 20 flavors, delicious toppings and an adorable Instagram worthy sport.