Chocolate Easter bark with colorful sprinkles
Trying something different this year for Easter! Bringing out the beautiful pastel colors, I made bark with semi-sweet chocolate, dyed pink chocolate on top, then added Easter sprinkles and M&M chocolate eggs as a festive topping. So delicious and very simple to make with ingredients already at home!
10oz semi-sweet chocolate
8oz white chocolate
Red food coloring
2 tbl shortening
Easter egg M&Ms
Wilton Easter sprinkles
1. Open the semi-sweet chocolate and pour into a bowl. Add a tablespoon of shortening then place into the microwave to melt.
2. Once the chocolate is melted, pour on a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper. Spreading out for a thin layer. Let cool until hard.
3. Next, take the white chocolate into a bowl, add shortening then melt in the microwave. After the chocolate melts add 3 - 4 drops of red food coloring to make the chocolate pink.
4. Pour the pink chocolate on top of the semi-sweet chocolate in the cookie sheet, spreading until the chocolate is covered.
5. For a finishing touch add the M&Ms and sprinkles on top of the white chocolate before it cools. Place in the fridge for up to 24 hours so the bark hardens.
6. Cut into pieces then enjoy!